Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're having a baby!

Ok, so I'm exhausted and Jayden is not even with us yet! I had this revelation as I was falling asleep in the dentist chair this morning. It's pretty bad if you fall asleep as they are drilling. But anyway, I survived and I'm now at work mentally going through the lists in my brain to make sure we have everything we could ever need.
It's unbelievable that in a matter of a few days we will be parents. Have no fear though, I'm pretty sure Mike and I can handle it. A few people have voiced opinions/concerns that we may not know what we're getting into! At this point, I'm sarcastically telling them that "I thought he could just stay in the kennel with Lucy until he gets bigger?" Seriously people, I'm fairly sure we can handle it and are prepared as much as any parent can be. We know we have to change his diapers and feed him among other things. We know we will lose some sleep (in my opinion this is a good reason to lose sleep, as opposed to managing an apartment building and being woke up to help drunk tenants open their door or clean up apartments when someone overflows their bathtub in the middle of the night).
We'll keep you all posted as much as possible and keep checking for pictures. Thank you to all of you who have supported and prayed for us. It appears as though we are just about there. Keep praying that paperwork moves through quickly and safe travel.

Shonna

No comments: